About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time teacher-librarian and mother of two wonderful children. My Libra tendencies compel me to constantly seek balance in my life. This isn't always easy but it's fun to try! For my mind, I have a challenging occupation, which demands a lot but is stimulating and always allows me to grow and learn. For my body, I love to skate-ski and I'm an avid "spinner". I jog and do other fitness activities because I have to. For my spirit, I enjoy reading great books, and sharing time with a beautiful, inspiring group of women. My greatest joy comes from time spent with my amazing husband and family.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2-Response to readings: I think it might actually be Delicious

I have spent much of today trying to get a grasp of "social bookmarking".

I decided to sign up and "play" with a /Delicious bookmarking account. I was inspired to do so by our Lesson 2 article entitled "Weaving Web 2.0 into classroom practice". /Delicious is apparently owned by Yahoo so I needed to first sign up for a Yahoo account. O.K., I did that. I then spent many, many minutes reading tutorials and trying to determine what and how to bookmark.

I need to read much more to fully understand the benefits and implications of this particular Web 2.0 tool. This said, the Naslund article, " An Overview of Social Software Tools for Teacher-Librarians", has gotten me off to a great start.

I'm finding all the articles so helpful and informative that I thought it might be fun to bookmark all our readings for 477B. After much fiddling, I think I've got a start on it!

I wasn't sure at the outset, but I think that social bookmarking might, in fact, be quite /Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are becoming a delicious convert! Do you have the Richardson text? In it, he talks about social bookmarking and provides a pretty good overview of how to incorporate it into your personal and professional life.

    I like the idea of social bookmarking, but have found it hard to keep up with it--it is one web 2.0 tool that I do not use regularly!

    Congratulations on your successful entry into Web 2.0!

    ReplyDelete