About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time teacher-librarian and mother of two wonderful children. My Libra tendencies compel me to constantly seek balance in my life. This isn't always easy but it's fun to try! For my mind, I have a challenging occupation, which demands a lot but is stimulating and always allows me to grow and learn. For my body, I love to skate-ski and I'm an avid "spinner". I jog and do other fitness activities because I have to. For my spirit, I enjoy reading great books, and sharing time with a beautiful, inspiring group of women. My greatest joy comes from time spent with my amazing husband and family.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week 6- Response to readings: Why wiki...and for what?



Here is my presentation on wikis that I uploaded into Slideshare. I used PowerPoint, as this is a presentation software that I have a bit of experience with. It was interesting to become familiar with Slideshare, both from the point of view of its benefits and its limitations. I uploaded one my son's presentations to see what it would look like in Slideshare first. I'm very glad I did this because it helped me strategize a little bit before I started my own presentation. I'm pretty happy with the result and feel I learned so much! Due to my limited experience with PowerPoint I had a lot of mastering to do. For example, it took me a long time to figure out how to import pictures efficiently and how to maneuver my way through the program.

I hope you find my presentation informative and maybe a little fun to watch too!

For those of you participating with me in this week's discussion, questions are now posted on the discussion page under week 6.

Patrice

No comments:

Post a Comment