About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time teacher-librarian and mother of two wonderful children. My Libra tendencies compel me to constantly seek balance in my life. This isn't always easy but it's fun to try! For my mind, I have a challenging occupation, which demands a lot but is stimulating and always allows me to grow and learn. For my body, I love to skate-ski and I'm an avid "spinner". I jog and do other fitness activities because I have to. For my spirit, I enjoy reading great books, and sharing time with a beautiful, inspiring group of women. My greatest joy comes from time spent with my amazing husband and family.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 7- A reflection: Junk mail on a blog...how irritating!


Like many techno-newbies, I wrestle somewhat with concerns about privacy and with my own comfort level "putting myself out there" in the digital world. For this reason, I was quite disconcerted when I found "junk mail" on my blog. It had not occurred to me that someone might choose to use this forum as a foot in the door to deliver his or her personal agenda. Does this kind of thing happen all the time? Is this just an occupational hazard when creating such a public document as a blog? I couldn't help but feel it was an invasion of my personal space but then I guess a blog isn't my personal space anymore is it? I guess I will have to reevaluate my sensibilities if I want to become a true blogger. In the meantime, off to the junk pile it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment