About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time teacher-librarian and mother of two wonderful children. My Libra tendencies compel me to constantly seek balance in my life. This isn't always easy but it's fun to try! For my mind, I have a challenging occupation, which demands a lot but is stimulating and always allows me to grow and learn. For my body, I love to skate-ski and I'm an avid "spinner". I jog and do other fitness activities because I have to. For my spirit, I enjoy reading great books, and sharing time with a beautiful, inspiring group of women. My greatest joy comes from time spent with my amazing husband and family.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 8- Demonstration of new knowledge: Fooling Around with Flikr


I spent a little time this evening fooling around with Flikr. I chose to install Flikr software on my computer in order to facilitate the uploading of photos. The installation went off without a hitch (always a relief considering my already overburdened computer) and uploading photos was relatively quick and easy. Although I have not yet explored the full range of options, the site offers some interesting choices for organizing, describing and tagging photos. They have also partnered up with Snapfish so that, for a cost, you can create calendars, photobooks, cards and all kinds of other fun stuff. By making my photos "public", I was able to embed a short slideshow of them in my blog. These photos were taken during our little town's summer Ladysmith Days Parade...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment