About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time teacher-librarian and mother of two wonderful children. My Libra tendencies compel me to constantly seek balance in my life. This isn't always easy but it's fun to try! For my mind, I have a challenging occupation, which demands a lot but is stimulating and always allows me to grow and learn. For my body, I love to skate-ski and I'm an avid "spinner". I jog and do other fitness activities because I have to. For my spirit, I enjoy reading great books, and sharing time with a beautiful, inspiring group of women. My greatest joy comes from time spent with my amazing husband and family.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 9- Demonstration of new knowledge: YouTube here we come!

Dipping my toes into YouTube was generally an enjoyable and easy experience. Luckily, we had all the necessary gadgetry in our house. We also had the perfect occasion for creating a video. My daughter and her two friends were performing in their first singing festival together and were practicing up a storm.

As with several other of my interactions with technology, the creation of the product was very simple. It was in the publishing realm that I encountered a couple of little challenges. The first came from the girls themselves. They weren't crazy about the performance (they did sound much better on competition day!) and were hesitant to put themselves "out there" so publicly. Ultimately, they agreed on the condition that I not add any tags and that the video be removed at the end of this course. It makes me wonder how many videos have been published without the consent of their subjects.

Once recorded, I saved my video on Pinnacle Studio and retrieved it once signed in to YouTube. The upload process started fine but was taking forever. I had neglected to save the video in a format that worked well with YouTube. It was easy to get the information I needed to correct this problem from YouTube's "Video Toolbox". Once I reformated my product to an MPEG4, the video uploaded without a hitch.

I can certainly see why people get hooked on creating videos for YouTube. It's so immediate, simple and a wonderful way to share with friends and the greater public. So here are my little beauties singing "I Know It's Today" from Shrek the Musical. My daughter Kira is in the middle. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great video and excellent singing, girls! Kira, thanks for letting your mom post it to her blog for the course!

    ReplyDelete